Company - About Us
We're a bootstrapped micro ISV committed to delivering agile project management solutions to business to make them more efficient and effective! BrixHQ is the result of this. We believe in openness and transparency and will share our successes and failures as we grow our business. BrixHQ was founded in 2010 by Pete and Scott and we've been working flat out since then to develop and deliver the best quality online project management software that we can and will continue to do this into the future.
How'd we get to where we are? Conceptually Brix started out as going to take on IBM Rational RUP in all it's complexity, after discussions, conversations and research it was decided that building a bloated competitor to Rational RUP was unrealistic, dated and not what the market needed or where it was going. Time to redefine what Brix is and cut ruthlessly. Thankfully by the time we started coding we had the scope refined to be an online Project Management solution and we've tried to incorporate features that we believe the market will want and need to either adopt agile or if they've already adopted agile to make them more efficient. Hence BrixHQ the online project management system was born.
Pete Sanders is one of our Founders and Directors and has a Bachelor of Business from University of Technology Sydney and an Advanced Diploma in Accounting. Prior to starting Brix, Pete was General Manager of a Financial Services Software company and has also held senior roles with Reckon Limited (Quicken Australia) and PricewaterhouseCoopers and is passionate about creating quality solutions that make life easier, more efficient and better for the users. Pete had the initial idea for BrixHQ and what started as a behemoth of a system was distilled down into what is the Brix 1.0 release which is all about online Agile Project Management.
You can contact Pete as follows; Email; firstname.lastname@example.org, Skype: peter.sanders1809) or through my LinkedIn profile.
Scott Montgomerie joined Brix in 2010 as CTO. He has been the principle architect of the company's products and has been involved at an executive level in the overall vision and direction of the company. Prior to joining Brix, Montgomerie was President and CTO of a semantic web company, Zigtag Inc., later renamed to Semanti Corp. Montgomerie was the overall architect of Semanti's semantic and search engine technologies and innovations. Before that, he was involved in a number of product development initiatives at Intuit Canada, including a number of disruptive products, namely SnapTax, a web based preparation service; and Profile PA, a tool for professional accountants. Montgomerie is a published researcher in the field of Bioinformatics and holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Computing Science from the University of Alberta.
You can contact Scott as follows: (email@example.com, Skype: scott_montgomerie) Or through my LinkedIn profile.
Kaylene Sanders joined Brix in 2010 as CMO. She has been heavily involved in defining our go to market strategy. Kaylene also runs a small online marketing consultancy specialising in SEO and SEM for small businesses in Australia who are looking to make the most of their spend online and optimising their online presence. Prior to this Kaylene was the Founder and CEO of the Local Childcare Directory, an online childcare directory helping parents find the right childcare for their children in the Sydney area.
You can contact Kaylene as follows: (firstname.lastname@example.org, Skype: kaylene.sanders2805) Or contact me through my LinkedIn profile.
Why choose us?
- We are committed and focused on building the best online project management tools that make you more effective and efficient in your business and have real measurable results.
- We’re keeping our costs low and manageable meaning we can provide you with a more cost effective solutions whilst not compromising on quality or features.
- Technology for now and for the future - we’ve chosen Ruby and Ruby on Rail framework as the core of our product, we've also picked best of breed components.
- We know how to build quality web and software applications and have the experience to deliver a great customer experience for all users.
- We believe in openness and transparency, so we will aim to share as much as we can around our successes and failures.
- We're in this for the long haul and on this basis we are building a sustainable business that will be around for a long time.
- We want to give something back to those who have less resources and trying to make the world a better place without commercial gain, so Brix is free for Not for Profits and Charities.